Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hoya cv minibelle.


While I've been waiting for the little cutting to open its buds, I noticed one of the divisions of the original plant I bought was flowering. I've been backwards and forwards to your blog a few times Sandy to make comparisons, and I think you were right, it appears to me to look like H. cv minibelle. The little cutting (two posts down) is really stuggling to open all it's buds, It doesn't quite seem to have the strength to complete the process. I've given it a weak dose of fish and kelp fertilizer to see if it helps. For our records one of Hoya gardens many H. cv minibelles flowered first at the beginning of November 2006

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Roy, its very pretty and yes it sure looks like it might be H. cv. minibelle...what a lovely bloom it has...mine seems to flower from May to September here in the northern part of the world...I am sure it will rebloom and put out more peduncles now that your into your warmer weather...